Congratulations to our Inaugural Hall of Fame Class!
The ASH Booster Club is proud to announce the inaugural members of the Sacred Heart Hall of Fame. Thank you to all who took the time to nominate your peers for this honor. The selection committee received over 50 nominations, which serves as a testament to the rich tradition of Athletic excellence here at Sacred Heart. Any nominees who were not selected for this year's Hall of Fame Class will be considered in the next selection process. Congratulations to our deserving group of inductees, and go Cardinals!
Alice "Sister" Roth Morgan '56
Volleyball, Basketball, Swimming
Ellen Heidingsfelder Manning '87
Volleyball, Track, Soccer
Betsy Becker Laborde '88
Volleyball, Basketball, Track, Cross Country
Kendall Goodier Hales '92
Volleyball, Basketball, Softball
Cappy Meyer Johnson '92
Betty Kehoe Gordon, 1952-1963
Volleyball Coach, Basketball Coach
Deborah A. Surgi, 1984 -1992
Jill Eumont Melito, 1986-1997
Nominations Are Closed
Until Fall of 2017
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS: All nominees to be considered by the Hall of Fame Committee will meet all of the following criteria, with extremely limited exceptions.
- Student-athletes become eligible twenty (20) years following graduation of her class.
- Coaches and administrators become eligible three (3) years after leaving the specific role for which they are nominated.
- Nominees such as coaches must have served a minimum of five (5) years as a head coach at the Academy of the Sacred Heart.
- Administrative nominees must have worked at the Academy of the Sacred Heart a minimum of five (5) years.
- The individual must have brought “Superior” recognition to herself/himself and to the Academy of the Sacred Heart through their endeavors as a student-athlete, coach or administrator.
- The individual (student-athletes, coach, administrator) must have demonstrated qualities of leadership, sportsmanship, scholarship, character and integrity both during and after his or her Academy of the Sacred Heart career.
- Teams that achieved “Superior” success on the playing field and brought state or national recognition to the Academy of the Sacred Heart will be considered. Teams are eligible ten (10) years after completion of the respective season.
Examples of “Superior” include but are not limited to: All-American, All-State, All-Metro, State MVP, State Champion, school record holder, national award winner, collegiate signee, Olympian.