Educate the whole child. -- St. Madeleine Sophie Barat
The Student Center & Gym includes:
- A 12,000 square foot regulation size, tournament-ready gymnasium
- A 1,600 square foot weight training and fitness center, complete with weight equipment and cardio-machines (bike, treadmill, ellipticals)
- An 1,800 square foot dance and ballet studio
- An indoor running track on the second floor overlooking the gymnasium
- Athletic and physical education offices
- Training Room for student injury rehabilitation, wet-room with a whirlpool for rehabilitation
- Locker rooms and classroom
- Hall of Fame area to honor and memorialize those individuals who have made significant contributions to our athletic program
- Concession area
- Indoor Track overlooking the main floor of the gymnasium
Breaking Ground on the ASH Back Field:
The Academy of the Sacred Heart recently broke ground on the Sacred Heart Outdoor Sports Complex featuring the Gayle and Tom Benson Sports Field. The integrated sports complex, due for completion in the fall of 2017, will also include an outdoor track, long jump pit, and turf putting green.
The Gayle and Tom Benson Sports Field will have a new drainage plan, updated irrigation system, and leveled sod. The field will enable both athletic teams and physical education classes to train safely outdoors. The upgraded field will undoubtedly be a coveted green space for our community.
The outdoor two-lane running track will allow more runners to practice safely within the gates of the Sacred Heart campus. The outdoor track will measure 8.3 laps per mile, with long straightaways that will be used by hurdlers and sprinters. The corners of the track will serve as the throwing launch areas for javelin, discus, and shotput throwers.
A long jump pit will be located in the northeast corner of the track. The eastern straight away will be extended to serve as the long jump runway. The track and long jump pit appropriately reflect Sacred Heart's deeply rooted running culture.
The 4,000 square foot turf putting green will be located on the southwest corner of Sacred Heart's outdoor athletic space. The putting green reflects the school's goal of maintaining a top golf program in the state.