Why A Catholic School?
At Sacred Heart, Catholic identity is what sets Catholic education apart from any other in New Orleans.
For more info if a Catholic school is right for your family, view Why Catholic schools in New Orleans.
Effective stewardship of the mission of Sacred Heart education necessitates a deep understanding of Sacred Heart School Identity.
- We focus on the development of each child in the context of community.
- We draw our inspiration from Jesus Christ as the source of all wisdom and from the conviction that in Him all things can be brought to their full potential.
- Inspired by an understanding of Jesus Christ, His Gospel and the Holy Spirit, we participate in God's grace.
- God's grace initiates our actions and assists us in becoming people of service grounded in love, mirroring the attitudes of Christ's Heart such as respect, compassion, forgiveness and generosity.
- God works through persons, events and physical things. Through invoking our spirit, mind and imagination, we discover the intelligibility and coherence of all reality.
- As participants in God's grace, we experience the love of Jesus Christ and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- God comes to us as communion, through the communities in which we live.
- The emphasis on community in Catholicism is the source of Sacred Heart's commitment to relationships and the building of community as an essential value.
Here are a few highlights:
- Catholic school graduates score consistently higher than the state average on the ACT
- 85.7 percent of Catholic high school graduates attend college
- Catholic school students are more likely to receive the sacrament of Confirmation
- Catholic school graduates are more likely to continue practicing the faith
- Catholic school students are taught to know, love and serve the Lord
Why do we need Catholic schools?
We need Catholic schools because they provide something the world longs for – an education firmly rooted in Christ.
An education rooted in the love of Christ means that our Catholic schools cannot fail to be centers of excellence. They cannot fail because, as St. Paul tells us, "LOVE NEVER FAILS" (1 Cor 13:8).
Catholic schools teach the mind and touch the heart so that students will come to know, love and serve the Lord and one another.
Sacred Heart All-Girls Track Record
Sacred Heart's all-girls' environment yields rewards that last a lifetime – among them our seniors' annual 100% college acceptance rate and admission to a consistently exceptional list of colleges.