- Social Media Policy
- NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY
- ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
- School Use of Photos & Videos
- SCHOOL LOGOS & BRANDING
Privacy & Rights
Giving Terms, Conditions & Refund Policy
- to fulfill a request you have made
- to update your school maintained record
- to contact you
Additional Information Collected Automatically
Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA")
Americans with Disabilities Act
Sacred Heart is enrolled in SecureTrust (a Trustwave division) Trusted Commerce program to validate compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) mandated by all major credit card associations including: Discover, MasterCard Worldwide, Visa, Inc. and Visa Europe.
Amanda Frentz & Gary Alipio
Academy of the Sacred Heart recognizes that access to technology in school gives students, parents and teachers greater opportunities to learn, engage, communicate, and develop skills that will prepare them for work, life, and digital citizenship. We are committed to helping students develop 21st-century technology and communication skills.
To that end, this Acceptable Use Policy outlines the guidelines and behaviors that both our internal constituents and external users are expected to follow when using personally-owned devices on the school campus and/or engaging in our Social Media handles (ie, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc).
• Students, parents and teachers are expected to follow the same rules for good behavior and respectful conduct online as offline.
• Misuse of Social Media can result in disciplinary action.
• ACADEMY OF THE SACRED HEART makes a reasonable effort to ensure students’ safety and security online, but will not be held accountable for any harm or damages that result from misuse of Social Media technologies.
We encourage teachers, students, staff, and other school community members to use their personal social networking/media handled (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) as a way to connect with others, share educational resources, create and curate educational content, and enhance the classroom experience. While social networking is fun and valuable, there are some risks you should keep in mind when using these tools. In the Social Media world, the lines are blurred between what is public or private, personal or professional.
We’ve created these social networking/media guidelines for you to follow when representing or engaging the school in the virtual world.
Social Media Accounts on Behalf of the School:
No Social Media accounts may be created on behalf of the Academy of the Sacred Heart (named/nicknamed or using any affiliated logo/image of the school) without the express permission and moderation of the Marketing & Communications Department of Academy of the Sacred Heart. This includes all departments and divisions of the school. Furthermore, No Party is allowed to use the school's name, image and/or logo(s) or any facsimile at any time without permission. The school retains all rights and at all times.
Having a branded Academy of the Sacred Heart Social Media account means following all procedures and policies set forth by the administration of the school, including Technology policies (set forth in Parent/Student Handbooks), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) policies, Social Media policies (view tab), COPPA ACT (Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule), PCI compliant policies, and all Privacy policies outlined on this site and in our school handbooks.
Use good judgment
• We expect you to use good judgment in all situations.
• Regardless of your privacy settings, assume that all of the information you have shared on your social network is public information.
• Always treat others in a respectful, positive and considerate manner.
Be responsible and ethical
• Unless you are specifically authorized to speak on behalf of the school as a spokesperson via the Director of Communications/Public Relations and/or the Head of School, stick with discussing school-related matters that are within your area of responsibility.
• Be open about your affiliation with the school and the role/position you hold.
Be a good listener
• Keep in mind that one of the biggest benefits of Social Media is that it gives others another way to talk to you, ask questions directly and to share feedback.
• Be responsive others when conversing online. Provide answers, thank people for their comments, and ask for further feedback, etc.
• Always be doing at least as much listening and responding as you do “talking.”
Don’t share the following:
• Do not publish, post or release information that is considered confidential or not public. If it seems confidential, it probably is. Online “conversations” are never private.
Private and personal information
• To ensure your safety, be careful about the type and amount of personal information you provide.
• NEVER give out or transmit personal information
• Always respect the privacy of the school community members.
Please be cautious with respect to:
• Respect brand, trademark, copyright information and/or images of the school (if applicable).
• You may use photos and video (products, etc.) that are available on the school’s website.
• It is generally not acceptable to post pictures of students without the expressed written consent of their parents.
• Do not post pictures of employees of Academy of the Sacred Heart without their permission.
• A significant part of the interaction on blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social networks involves passing on interesting content or linking to helpful resources. However, the school is ultimately responsible for any content that is shared.
• Pay attention to the security warnings that pop up on your computer before clicking on unfamiliar links. They actually serve a purpose and protect you and the school.
• When using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other tools, be sure to follow their printed terms and conditions.
• Users should always use the Internet, network resources, and online sites in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Users should also recognize that among the valuable content online is unverified, incorrect, or inappropriate content. Users should use trusted sources when conducting research via the Internet.
• Users should also remember not to post anything online that they wouldn’t want parents, teachers, or future colleges or employers to see. Once something is online, it’s out there—and can sometimes be shared and spread in ways you never intended.
If you see a message, comment, image, or anything else online that makes you concerned for your personal safety, bring it to the attention of Academy of the Sacred Heart's Marketing and Communications Department immediately. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Users should never share personal information, including phone number, address, social security number, birthday, or financial information, over the Internet without adult permission.
• Users should recognize that communicating over the Internet brings anonymity and associated risks, and should carefully safeguard the personal information of themselves and others.
Cyberbullying will not be tolerated. Harassing, dissing, flaming, denigrating, impersonating, outing, tricking, excluding, and cyberstalking are all examples of cyberbullying. Any and all comments that can be misinterpreted with the intent of scaring, hurting, or intimidating someone else will be Deleted, Hidden, Removed and the account may also be Blocked from engaging with our Social Media accounts in the future.
Comments and Right to Remove
Commenting on any of Sacred Heart's Social Media handles are monitored as with any communications about or on behalf of the school. While our Social Media platforms are mostly open for comments, we reserve the right to Block and/or Remove any inappropriate or hateful messages made towards the school, our faculty and staff, students and our constituent members.
Violations of this Acceptable Use Policy
Violations of this policy may have disciplinary repercussions, including:
• Suspension of volunteer privileges
• Removal from positions of leadership within ACADEMY OF THE SACRED HEART
• Removal of student from ACADEMY OF THE SACRED HEART
• Additional consequences determined by Administration
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Accessibility statement for Academy of the Sacred Heart
We want everyone who visits the Academy of the Sacred Heart website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
What are we doing?
To help us make the Academy of the Sacred Heart website a positive place for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Academy of the Sacred Heart website.
How are we doing?
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, but we realise there are some areas that still need improving. The following information explains what we're doing to make that happen.
Success criteria 1.2.2; 1.2.3; 1.2.4
We currently use YouTube platform for all video/audio ... the use can click the CC button on their device to enable Live Transcript/Subtitles.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the Academy of the Sacred Heart website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch. We'd like to hear from you in any of the following ways:
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get in touch: https://www.ashrosary.org/contact
- Call us: 504.891.1943
Policy on Use of Photos & Videos
The privacy of student photos is important to us at Academy of the Sacred Heart. Throughout the year, photographs and videos are sometimes taken of students either by Sacred Heart and/or the media. Unless a parent otherwise notifies the school, photographs and videos may be used by Sacred Heart or its designees for publication or broadcast purposes.
By attending an Academy of the Sacred Heart event on campus, you are giving consent for the school to capture you in photo and/or video.
If you DO NOT wish for photography or videos of your and/or your child to be used internally or externally for any of the following:
1) Social Media usage,
2) Marketing and/or Event promotional usage,
Please contact the Director of Communications/Public Relations at email@example.com
No Social Media accounts may be created on behalf of the Academy of the Sacred Heart (named/nicknamed or using any affiliated logo/image of the school) without the express permission and moderation of the Marketing & Communications Department of Academy of the Sacred Heart. This includes all departments and divisions of the school.
Furthermore, No Party is allowed to use the school's trademarked name, image and/or logo(s) or any facsimile at any time without permission. The school retains all rights and at all times.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org